Meet the 2014-2015 Student Ambassadors

1raq6q00ylni4wb_710
Hello! My name is Brittany Savage, I am a sophomore and a transfer student at Wake Tech. I plan on earning my Bachelor’s Degree in middle school education and becoming an overseas missionary. love getting to meet new people and helping them in any way I can.I strive to be an encourage to every person I meet.

5ithr9oze3a3mp5_710
Hello, My name is Kristina Porras, Currently, I am a sophomore at Wake Tech. I hope to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill to complete my undergrad, and eventually attend UNC’s medical school. In my free time, I enjoy hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains and spending time with family and friends.

Opnutlxa3sqw2wn_710
Hello! My name is Rachel Coghlan

Ru7i8rlz4d0v8qx_710
Hello! My name is Alexandra Shrader

Ntcvqe81wi0equu_710
Greetings! My name is Olivia Knox, I’m currently enrolled in my second year in the Associate in Science program at Wake Tech. I’m going to transfer to NC State in the Fall of 2015 to major in Biology and minor in Toxicology. My dream is to pursue medical school to become a dermatologist.

Krhsg85ze17pa0e_710
Hello! My name is Haley Byers, I am 19 and moved here from Charleston, SC one year ago. I moved here for school and am planning on pursing a PhD in Genetics and working in a women’s hospital so I can have the privilege of working with pregnant women and babies!

35azej8wn0h1w6k_710
Hello! My name is Shefali Bhalla, I’m a stay at home mom of 3 kids ages 14, 9, and 5. I am originally from India, and moved to USA about 7 years ago. Before moving here I was working as a freelance business writer for an international magazine. Being out of school for over 17 years, Wake Tech gave me the opportunity to go back as a non-traditional student to further my professional career goals.

Bp3j5pozh6zgbh7_710
Greetings! My name is Korey Butler, I’m in the second year of the Associate of Arts program offered at Wake Tech. I intend to transfer to UNC to pursue a degree in Public Relations and eventually obtain a dual Masters/J.D. degree in Communications Law. In my free time I love spending time with my two children, husband, and volunteering!

Le0spano9yavsxe_710
Hello! My name is Ricardo Rojas, I was born in Venezuela where I lived 17 years of my life. A big part of my life since the early age of 5 was dedicated to the practice of karate, which I still practice to this date. I studied my junior and senior year in Sanderson High School where I graduated in 2013. At Wake Tech I’m completing a pre-engineering program, so then I can transfer to NC State as a mechanical engineer.

Ezb8p2ccpv0sc4n_710
Hello! my name is Chad Kibbe, I am an Associate of Arts student at North Campus and will be transferring to East Carolina University to major in Industrial Engineering Technology. At Wake Tech, I’m involved in Phi Theta Kappa, The Office of Volunteerism and Leadership and The National Society of Leadership and Success. I also play two musical instruments, the piano and the drums.

Amj91wh4j3vor2q_710
Hello! My name is Ryan Garrigues

Nhkhs42v9scalyd_710
Hello! My name is Jakub Cunat, and I am originally from the Czech Republic. This is my third semester at Wake Tech and I am looking to hopefully transfer to NCSU, with majoring in Business Administration. My ultimate dream in the future is to become a professional pilot. I love aviation, sports, cooking and traveling.

Ugi2806u5dwmlnp_710
Hello! My name is Linval McFarlane, I”m a native of Jamaica. I’m going to Wake Tech’s North Campus and is pursuing an Associate of Arts degree. His positive work attitude, resilience and focus enables him to excel in his academic pursuits. He embodies the warmth and flair of the Caribbean while serving as a Student Ambassador at the Main Campus.

Xc1eupf185ltqkf_710
Hello! My name is Cecil Wilson, I’m enrolled in the AS program and intends on transferring to NCSU to pursue a degree in mechanical engineering. I’m a member of Phi Theta Kappa and Sigma alpha Pi and serves the Wake Tech Engineering club as the secretary and committee member.

photo
Hey there friends! My name is Megan Elizabeth Pendell and I am proud to say that I am a WTCC Student Ambassador! The primary reason I aspired this role is to give back to my school. Wake Tech has done so much for me so far! But I’ll be honest…I haven’t always wanted to attend Wake Tech. Before I knew much about it, I assumed community college was not for me. Despite my unwillingness, I began taking classes here. To continue to the climax of my tale, by the beginning of my first semester I started to LOVE Wake Tech! I’m now on my third and final year and expect to graduate this spring with an Associate in Science Transfer degree. Besides learning and serving my community, I love to go adventuring, dance freely, drive with the windows down, hang with my friends and family, and travel. So as you can infer, my favorite activity would be an adventurous road trip with my loved ones in a convertible while dancing wildly to my favorite playlist. Oh, and of course we would be on our way to the zoo and a roller coaster park. Anyway, here at Wake Tech I feel free to be myself and feel capable of achieving anything I can dream of! Thank you for taking an interest in me.

G8x4gs0p0m9qogf_710