2015-2016 Student Ambassadors

Chad Kibbe

Chad Kibbe

Hey! My name is Chad Kibbe and I am from a small town called Bunn, North Carolina. I am currently enrolled in the Associate in Arts program. Upon graduation at Wake Tech, I will be transferring to NC State University to pursue a degree in Environmental Technology and Management. Outside of my academic career, I spend a lot of time creating ways to fund my education. Most recently, I traveled to a small fishing village called Egegik, Alaska, where I had the opportunity to create substantial income by working on a commercial salmon fishing boat. Although this was very rewarding work, it has greatly strengthened my desire to earn my degree and strive for academic excellence. My experience at Wake Tech has been phenomenal thus far, and I am excited to see how I will be able to give back to the college this year.

David Kirstein

David Kirstein

Having grown up in Apex just up the hill from Holly Springs, David is a native North Carolinian. After attending Cardinal Gibbons High School, he moved away to go to school at Campbell University for a year and some change, but eventually decided that a path into the banking industry was not for him. Now he is a Pre-Nursing student here at Wake Tech, and is closing in on admission to the Associate’s Degree of Nursing program. In the long run, David plans to pursue a career as a clinician. Whether that means nurse, nurse practitioner, or doctor, we’ll just have to wait and see. Although David spent much of his childhood learning to play sports while neglecting the arts, David has been honing his musical ability over the past few years. Because of his appearance and demeanor, many people are surprised to learn that David is actually an avid freestyle rap artist. The way he developed this skill was by making CDs of hip-hop instrumentals to play in his car, and then practicing wherever he went. He invites anyone to join him in a rap cipher session when he is off the clock.

Elise Johnson

Elise Johnson

Bestselling and Nobel prize-winning author Pearl S. Buck once said, “To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy, a whole heart, and a free mind.” Hello, I am Elise Johnson. As a wife, mother of two adult children, lover of learning, and a former veteran homeschool mom, I receive great satisfaction in helping others. This desire has led me to pursue a career as a medical assistant. My ultimate goal is to have it continue to make a difference that I have lived at all. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve at Wake Tech. I am looking forward to not only serving in the way expressed by Pearl S. Buck, but to applying her wisdom to learning with joy, with a whole heart, and with a free mind. I sincerely wish each of you a semester filled with the same and a desire to make a difference in the lives of those around you.

David Bratton

David Bratton

Hi All! Originally from Chesapeake Bay Virginia, I moved to North Carolina early on in my life and have lived in Apex ever since. Currently I’m enrolled in the transfer program completing my last year here at Wake Tech before going to Appalachian State University to focus primarily on my major. My decided career path is within the field of computer science with a hopeful focus on artificial intelligence as well as a hopeful minor in some form of business psychology. I’m a diligent worker and a strong advocate for earning rather than receiving- it makes for a much more rewarding lifestyle. If I’m not studying at Wake Tech or serving as Student Ambassador somewhere on Main Campus, then you’ll probably find me at the beach, lake, or anywhere where there’s water.

Cristhian Arredondo

Cristhian Arredondo

My name is Cristhian Mena. I’m from Lima, Peru. I’m enrolled in the Architecture program and want to continue to study architecture until I receive my architecture license. I enjoy playing soccer and drawing.

Kaitlyn McCord

Kaitlyn McCord

Hey guys! My names Kaitlyn and I am originally from Naples, Florida. But have lived here since I was 8 years old and consider North Carolina home. I am currently pursuing my AA degree and then hope to move forward and major in studio arts with a minor in entrepreneurship, and then master in architectural design. I want to move on to be an architectural designer who specializes in hospitality so that I could design resorts! My ABSOLUTE favorite thing to do is art and crafts. I love making things and painting!

Tihami Khan

Tihami Khan

My name is Tihami Ahmed Khan. I was born in Hawkinsville, Georgia. I was raised up in both the cities of Raleigh and Cary. I am currently enrolled in the Associate of Arts program. I plan on transferring to NCSU for a bachelor’s in Business Administration. I want to get a job being a manager of a corporation. I enjoy playing basketball and football.

Antanisha Mackey

Antanisha Mackey

Hello, my name is Antanisha Mackey and I am from the beautiful islands of the Bahamas. I am currently enrolled in Nursing and my goals in the near future is to pursue both my Bachelors and Masters degrees at UNC or NCCU after I have completed my Associates in Nursing at WTCC. After I have accomplished this goal, I would like to open up the first hospice care organization in The Bahamas. I see Nursing as not only a career but also an avenue to use my skills to help people.

Brittany McGhee

Brittany McGhee

I’m originally from Columbus, OH, and I moved to Rolesville, NC after my freshman year of high school. I am in the Networking Technologies program at Wake Tech, and hope to work for Cisco after completing my degree. I work part-time as a swim coach and lesson instructor at Granite Falls Swim and Athletic Center. In my free time, I like to spend time outdoors (camping, hiking, etc.) and stay involved on campus with extracurriculars (e.g. Phi Theta Kappa). I’m very excited to be a student ambassador, and am looking forward to a great school year!

Jessica Handy

Jessica Handy

Hello! My name is Jessica Handy, I am currently in the Associate of Science program here at Wake Tech, and I hope to transfer to ECU to study nursing. I would love to travel the world and explore other cultures; after I obtain my Bachelor’s degree, I would like to find an organization that will allow me to volunteer overseas and put my newly acquired nursing skills to use.

Brooke Grayson

Brooke Grayson

Jessica Hernandez

Jessica Hernandez

My name is Jessica Hernandez and I got to grow up in the “best place to live,” Raleigh, North Carolina. I graduated from Sanderson High School in 2014. Go Spartans!! I am currently getting my Associate of Arts Degree at Wake Tech and I plan on transferring to North Carolina State University. There, I want to receive my Bachelor’s Degree in General Psychology and attend graduate school. I would like to have a degree in Psychology to become a guidance counselor at the elementary level. I have worked with kids as an after school teacher and summer camp counselor for four years. In the summer of 2014, I was also able to travel to Ireland, Wales, London, and Paris. One day, I would like to see Venice and I have always had dreams of teaching English in a South American country. I am so happy Wake Tech has put me on a path towards achieving my dreams.

Daneel Nichol

Daneel Nichol

Hi ! My name is Daneel Nichol, and I am18 years old and I moved here 1 year ago from Jamaica. I’m currently pursuing an Associate in Science at Wake Tech’s North Campus. I would like to transfer to either UNC to do a double major in Spanish and Mathematical Decision Sciences or UNC Charlotte to major in Actuarial Science. After that I would like to take the required tests to have a career as an Actuary. In my spare time I like to binge watch Netflix and reality shows and reading.

Riley Carr

Riley Carr

My hometown is Cary, North Carolina. I’m currently undecided in my major, but I am headed towards an associate of arts degree. Still unsure because I don’t know what I want to major in, but I am taking an Introduction to Simulation and Game Development class that is quite interesting. So I might end up enrolling in the SGD program if I like the class I have well enough by the end of this semester. I greatly enjoy reading, especially fantasy and sci-fi fiction. I also enjoy reading manga and watching anime. I haven’t been to Japan yet, but I really want to go. I also want to travel around the world to places like Egypt, Greece, and Rome. I have a cat named Jasper, and a beagle named Milo. I love animals! My favorite animal is the Tiger ( because they’re awesome!). I love playing video games; Pokemon being my all-time favorite.

Joselyn Ramirez-Mendoza

Joselyn Ramirez-Mendoza