2016-2017 Student Ambassadors

Anthony WaltonHello, my name is Anthony Walton, native of Raleigh North Carolina. Graduated from Cary senior high where I lettered in track, football, and wrestling. Currently in the human service department with a concentration in substance abuse. My goal is to become licensed clinical addiction specialist (LCAS). hobbies include coaching my sons basketball team, learning new languages, and gardening. Favorite quote, “the man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can’t are both right -Confucius”

Abigail Chafin Hey Guys! My name is Abigail Chafin and I am currently on track to graduate this spring with my Associates in Science Degree. I hope to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill where I will pursue a bachelors degree in Biochemistry. Ultimately, I would like to apply to their PharmD program and graduate as a pharmacist. Aside from my studies, I enjoy working part time at a restaurant owned by a family originally from Fujian, China. Since I am from a small town in Missouri, Kansas City, I enjoy the diverse culture spread across the Raleigh area. I look forward to serving the school this year as student ambassador!

Durga SivamaniHello! My name is Durga Sivamani, and I am originally from India but I’ve lived in Raleigh and Durham for 14 years, making North Carolina my home. I am pursuing an A.A.S. Degree in Simulation and Game Development (SGD) with a focus in Programming. I am in my second year of the program and I love every minute of it. Upon graduating from the program next year, I hope to attain a job as a Technical Artist or a Gameplay Programmer in a video game company. When I can, I love traveling and experiences new cultures, foods and places! I also love reading, spending quality time with friends and family, and of course, playing video games like Far Cry, Witcher III, and Mirror’s Edge.

Krissia SpiveyHello, my name is Krissia Spivey. I moved to NC in 2009 and was born in San Salvador, El Salvador. I am currently enrolled in the Advertising and Graphic Design program at WTCC. I will graduate the spring 2017 and hope to continue doing freelance work as well as visual arts for living; after graduating I hopes to work and volunteer in a nonprofit organization to support social causes. My favorite thing to do is spend time with family and friends as well as creating visual art.

Brandon PerryHey! My name is Brandon Perry and I was born in Raleigh, North Carolina. I moved around a lot as a child but have lived in Willow Spring since the age of 11 so I consider it my hometown. I am currently in the AA transfer program with the hopes of attending UNC Chapel Hill or NCSU to pursue a degree in accounting. I hope then to become a CPA and help future entrepreneurs create successful businesses. In my free time, I love to watch and attend sporting events. I also love to draw and spend time with my friends.

Cristhian MenaMy name is Cristhian Mena. I’m from Lima, Peru. I’m enrolled in the Architecture program and want to continue to study architecture until I receive my architecture license. I enjoy playing soccer and drawing.

Riley Taylor CarrHello, My name is Riley Carr My hometown is Cary, North Carolina. I’m currently undecided in my major, but I am headed towards an associate of arts degree. Still unsure because I don’t know what I want to major in, but I am taking an Introduction to Simulation and Game Development class that is quite interesting. So I might end up enrolling in the SGD program if I like the class I have well enough by the end of this semester. I greatly enjoy reading, especially fantasy and sci-fi fiction. I also enjoy reading manga and watching anime. I haven’t been to Japan yet, but I really want to go. I also want to travel around the world to places like Egypt, Greece, and Rome. I have a cat named Jasper, and a beagle named Milo. I love animals! My favorite animal is the Tiger ( because they’re awesome!). I love playing video games; Pokemon being my all-time favorite.

Sarah BlocherMy name is Sarah Blocher. I have experienced great personal success at WTCC since my return to school in 2014. I intend to graduate in Spring of 2017, and transfer to UNC Chapel Hill as a proud CSTEP student. I intend to obtain my Bachelors’ in Science of Nursing, and begin a happy career in pediatrics as a relief worker with an organization such as Doctors Without Borders. I am undergoing the induction process for Sigma Delta Mu, I am participating in the Honors Program, and I am pleased to represent my school as a WTCC Student Ambassador. Wake Tech is a wonderful school with so many opportunities. I cannot express how profoundly my time here has affected me, for the positive. I look forward to finishing these last two semesters, and continuing to represent my school as I begin my next steps toward my desired career.

Khalifa JawaraMy name is Khalifa Jawara, I’m an international student originally from The Gambia. I came to the U.S in the summer of 2015 purposely to attend College. I am currently enrolled in the associates of science in Wake Technical Community College, and I hope to complete my degree program in the spring of 2016. After obtaining my Associates degree in Waketech, I plan to transfer to UNC to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing. My long term goal is to become an anesthetic nurse someday. My favorite sport is soccer; so, I spend most of my leisure time watching soccer at international level. Other things I like to do in my free time includes reading novels, watching movies and going to the gym.

Kathryn GillMy name is Kathryn Gill. I have lived in North Carolina for about 9 years now. I am originally from Virginia Beach, Virginia. I am in the engineering transfer program at Wake Tech, my major is Chemical engineering. I hope to transfer to NC state when I am done here. During my free time I work at a Chinese restaurant in Holly Springs. That also happens to be one of my favorite foods so I am happy there. When I am not working and/ or doing school work I am usually keeping up with my favorite series on Netflix or TV.

Landis RossHello, my name is Landis Ross. I was born in Durham, North Carolina, but I moved to Raleigh at a young age. I graduated from Southeast Raleigh High School in 2012 and immediately went to Wake Tech. I earned my Associates in Science degree in 2014 and decided to pursue an Associate in Engineering due to course overlap as well as engineering being a potential interest for me back in high school. As a person, I am a bit shy and formal. My hobbies include various forms of art including sculpture and 3D modeling as well as playing video games.

Kaitlyn LesterMy name is Kaitlyn Lester and I am 19 years old. I am currently in my sophomore year at Wake Tech and I am studying for my Associates of Science. I hope to transfer to University of Virginia or UNC and study biology. I was born in Rockville Centre, New York and I have one sister. My favorite food is sushi and I love to run everyday.

Jeannette LowMy name is Jeannette Low. I am a second year student majoring in Welding Technology. I am originally from Raleigh. In 1998, I joined the US Navy and spent 5 years touring the globe. In addition to serving my country, I have found a passion for working with metal through my father’s lifelong hobby. He was a blacksmith for 40 years. In 2013, he asked me to help him with some items in preparation for the North Carolina State Fair and lit a passion that neither of us knew existed. I realized that I was limited in my smithing abilities because I did not know how to weld. My dad recommended Wake Tech because of its rich history of training the trades. I am glad I have followed in his footsteps and succeeded here at Wake Tech.

Diana DakdoukHello, my name is Diana Dakdouk. I am a Student Ambassador at the Wake Technical Community College North Campus for the 2016-2017 academic year. My name is Diana Dakdouk and I’m currently in the process of completing my sophomore year at Wake Tech. By spring 2017 I will have obtained my Associates in Arts and begin preparing to transfer to UNC Chapel Hill where I plan to get Bachelors in Dental Hygiene. Afterwards, I am aiming to get my master’s degree in Public Health. Besides a passion for the health industry, I enjoy cooking international meals, writing poems, and most importantly preform with my Lebanese Dance Group. I was born in Lebanon, lived in Venezuela, and raised in America; therefore, I am Lebanese, Venezuelan, and American. Overall, I am blessed to share my story as an Ambassador with others and gain a lot of knowledge throughout this experience.

Ellie AlfersHi! My name is Ellie Alfers and I am originally from Louisville, Kentucky. I moved to North Carolina right before the start of my freshman year of high school. I love this area and plan on staying here beyond college as well. I am currently in my second year at Wake Tech pursuing an Associate’s in Arts Degree. I plan on transferring to Meredith College in the Fall of 2017 to pursue a degree in Interior Design. In my free time I enjoy hanging out with my friends or my family. I also love to watch superhero movies as I am obsessed with Marvel.