Constitution and By-Laws – Wake Tech Business Club
Mission: The mission of the Business Club is for members to engage in extra-curricular Business-related simulation activities such as preparation and participation in the Stock Market Simulation Game via Market Watch.
Membership: Membership is open to any Wake Technical Community College student in good academic standing (GPA 2.00 or better) as well as staff and faculty of the college. Members shall be required to participate in club functions to maintain membership. “Participation” to include time spent organizing club activities, attending meetings, etc. Membership fee: Free
Organizational structure: There shall be a self-appointed Advisor and up to 4 elected officers, but with a minimum of two officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of current club members in good standing. Officers shall serve for one academic year. Elections shall be held in the Fall semester.
Powers and Responsibilities
- The Advisor shall represent the Business Club in all authorized interactions with the faculty, administration and official guests of the Club.
- The Advisor shall be responsible for any administrative items required by the Student Activities Coordinator.
- The Advisor shall have the duty to obey, enforce and administer the Constitution and rules established by the Club.8
- The President shall be a member in good standing. The President shall represent the club in appropriate campus activities.
- The President shall assist the Advisor in coordination, organization and development of Club activities.
- This may include appointments of committees and committee members.
- The President shall provide leadership to the Club.
- The Vice-President shall assume the responsibilities of the President ion his/her absence. The Vice-President shall assist the President in his/her duties.
- The Secretary shall be responsible for recording the minutes of each meeting, distributing them to the members, and keeping a record of Club activities.
- The Treasurer will be responsible for collecting dues, depositing funds, and keeping a record of Club financial transactions and reporting such at each Club meeting.