The Association of Nursing Students at Wake Tech is a group dedicated to contributing to the success of future nurses. Meetings are held once a month to determine the activities the club will conduct and to exchange information about the nursing program.
Members have the opportunity to get information on upcoming classes from students more advanced in the program. Additional opportunities such as working with other programs on Wake Tech’s Health Science campus, fundraising activities, and community-oriented projects also exist for members.
Some monthly meetings feature fantastic guest speakers, nurses who work in specialty areas who can tell what it’s really like to work in their particular field.
Benefits of membership include:
- Being part of a community that addresses issues all nursing students face.
- Access to potentially invaluable contacts in the nursing community.
- Having an opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Having direct input into standards of nursing education and influence the education process.
- Ability to influence health care, nursing education and practice through legislative activities.
- Participation in interdisciplinary activities.