People IN The Autism Community
Club Mission: To support the academic and social development of students on the autism spectrum and, within the larger college community, to increase awareness, acceptance and appreciation of people on the autism spectrum.
• Increasing understanding of autism as a neurological difference with multi-faceted effects including strengths as well as challenges
• Learning about the larger community of autism, in particular successful adults on the spectrum
• Encouraging social interaction and connection among members of PINTAC, as well as with other student activities in the college
• Promoting social skills for academic, social and career success
• Encouraging development of mutually supportive relationships both within and outside the club