Check us out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/waketechsva/
WTCC Baseball Game (April 24, 2021)
- The Veterans Club (SVA) is sponsoring a social outing and Veterans Appreciation Day at the historic Durham Athletic Park on Saturday, April 24, 2021, beginning at 12:00 pm. Free Admission for veterans and their guests.
- Join us for an exciting Wake Tech baseball game and watch the Veterans Club President, Austin (A. J.) Pitts, throw the honorary first pitch! Food and drink concessions will be available at the game.
- Sign up today- email Patrick [email@example.com] to get on the list!
Back in the Saddle Outing (April 17, 2021)
- The Veterans Club (SVA) is sponsoring a social outing at Back in the Saddle in Raleigh on Saturday, April 17, 2021, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Sign up today- email Patrick [firstname.lastname@example.org] to get on the list!
- Join us for some fun outdoor time with horses and discover what therapeutic services this wonderful charity provides for wounded veterans.
- Back in the Saddle- Equine Services for Heroes (opens in new window) [https://backinthesaddle-es4h.org]
SALUTE Veterans National Honor Society (March 2021)
- It’s official- the WTCC Salute Chapter has been approved!
- WTCC SALUTE information (opens in new window) is now available. [https://clubs.waketech.edu/veterans/salute-honor-society/]
- SALUTE web site (opens in new window) [https://salute.colostate.edu/]
- Contact the Salute Director, Patrick Tribble [email@example.com], if you have any questions or want to start the application process.
Veterans Appreciation Week (Nov. 9-13, 2020)
- Link to events: Veterans Appreciation Week Events (PDF file)
- Veterans Day Observation with Wake Tech President Dr. Scott Ralls, Thursday, November 12, at 11:00 am
- Biscuits & Locks Curbside (North & South Campuses), Thursday, November 12, at 9:00 am
- WTCC Barber Shop Raffle
- Numerous workshops: Mindfulness, Job Searching, Entrepreneurship, and more
- College Closed- Veterans Day, Wednesday, 11/11/2020
Thursday Socials (Monthly)
- February 13th at 8:00 PM (Clouds Brewing, 126 N. West St. Raleigh 27603, Link: https://www.cloudsbrewing.com)
- March 12th at 8:00 PM (Lynnwood Brewing Concern, 1053 E. Whitiker Mill Rd. Raleigh 27604, Link: http://www.lynnwoodbrewing.beer/wp/)
- April 9th at 8:00 PM (Location to be announced)
Contact the Veteran’s Club President, Brett Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the Veteran’s Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (email@example.com, 919-532-5767), to learn more about the fun and popular Thirsty Thursday social outings each month. This is a great way to meet other Wake Tech veterans and visit some new entertainment venues in the Raleigh area.
Celebrate Women in the Military!
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 from 2:00-3:00 PM
Wake Tech is celebrating Women in the Military for Women’s History Month on Wednesday, March 25th at the North Campus Library (Lower Level). Tea and light refreshments will be served. Please stop by and learn more about women’s history through the eyes of Wake Tech Veterans.
Space is limited so make sure to RSVP for the event through xtra.waketech.edu or contact Dawn Williams (919-532-5995, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Free Bowling Social!
Thursday, March 5, 2020 from 7:30-10:30 PM
The Veterans Club (SVA) is sponsoring a free bowling social event with food at AMF Bowling Lanes Pleasant Valley on Thursday, March 5th from 7:30-10:30 PM. And thank you Veterans Club officers for making this a free event for the student veterans!
Contact Dawn Williams (email@example.com, 919-532-5995) or the Veteran’s Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-5767), to reserve your spot for this fun event.
Free ACC Tickets–N. C. State vs. Louisville Military Appreciation Basketball Game!
Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 2:00 PM
The Veterans Club (SVA) purchased 15 ACC basketball tickets to give away free to Wake Tech student veterans for the N. C. State vs. Louisville game on Saturday, February 1st at 2:00 PM. Additional tickets for family and friends can be purchased ($10 each) no later than January 27th. A huge thank you to the Veterans Club officers for making this a free event for our student veterans!
Contact Dean Marilyn Terrill (email@example.com, 919-532-5994) or the Veteran’s Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-5767), to reserve your ticket to this fun event.
Free Tickets–Carolina Hurricanes Game!
Monday, November 11, 2019 (Veteran’s Day)
The Carolina Hurricanes donated a suite and game tickets to Wake Tech veterans for the game on Monday, November 11th (Veteran’s Day), at 7:00 PM. Thank you for your continued support of our veterans and Go Canes!
Contact Dean Marilyn Terrill (email@example.com, 919-532-5994) or the Veteran’s Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-5767), to reserve your tickets to this wonderful event.
Community Service Event (Fall 2019)
N. C. Food Bank
The Veterans Club is volunteering at the N. C. Food Bank in Raleigh on Saturday, November 2nd, from 1:00-4:00 PM. Participants will sort and bag bulk food, such as potatoes and carrots, that will be distributed to various food organizations in the surrounding area.
Do you want to volunteer? Contact the Veteran’s Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (email@example.com, 919-532-5767), to add your name to the volunteer list and learn more about this exciting service opportunity. This is a great way to meet other Wake Tech veterans and give back to the surrounding community.
NC State Football Game & Tailgate
October 10, 2019
N. C. State football is offering $10 Military Appreciation Day tickets to Wake Tech veterans (students/staff) and their families for the N. C. State vs. Syracuse game on Thursday October 10, 2019 at 8:00 PM. The Veterans Club is also sponsoring a pre-game tailgate starting at 5:00 PM with yard games and refreshments.
Tickets must be purchased (cash only please) before September 5th from the Veterans Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-5767)
Veteran’s Club Meet & Greet Fall 2019!
August 15, 2019
The Veteran’s Club is hosting a meet-and-greet event at the North Campus Veterans Resource Center (NC 206) on the first day of the fall semester Thursday, August 15th, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Please stop by to play games, have a drink and snacks, relax and chat with other student veterans, and meet the Veteran’s Club advisor and club officers.
There will be a variety of games to play (corn hole, horse shoes, frisbee, etc.) and enjoy. Veteran’s Club t-shirts will be available to purchase for $10 (cash only please). Money from the t-shirts is used to fund club events such as this one.
Please contact the Veteran’s Club VP Brett Wilson at the North Campus Veteran’s Resource Center or the Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble, (email@example.com) if you have any questions or want to know more about the Wake Tech Veteran’s Club.
The Veteran’s Club is hosting a free bowling social event at AMF Bowling Pleasant Valley Lanes on Friday, March 22nd at 7:00 PM. Come and join us for this fun event and meet some new friends, free bowling, food and drinks, billiards, arcade games, and more!
Please see Theodore Nuss or Brett Wilson at the North Campus veteran’s lounge to sign-up for your free bowling pass or contact the club advisor, Patrick Tribble, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (919-532-5767) or in-person (NWC NH 212).
- Veteran’s Club (SVA) Meeting, Northern Wake Campus NC 206, August 20, 2019, at 9:00 AM
- Free Carolina Hurricanes Game, PNC Arena, Friday, January 18, 2019, at 6:30 PM
- Free Horseback Riding, Back in the Saddle Equine Services for Heros Open House, 1450 Brogden Rd. Smithfield, N. C. 27577, Saturday, March 30, 2019, 1:00-6:00 PM
- Wings Over Wayne Airshow, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Goldsboro, N. C. April 27-28, 2019 (opens in new window)
Community Service Events
- Patriots Day Celebration: U. S. Army Celebrate Freedom Helicopter, Southern Wake Campus, September 11, 2018
- Trunk-or-Treat at National Guard Headquarters, Raleigh, N. C., October 26, 2018
- The Wall That Heals (opens in new window), Wake Forest E. Carroll Joyner Park, October 18-21, 2018
- Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan’s Purse), Wake Forest, N. C., November 8, 2018 (opens in new window)
- U. S. M. C. Toys for Tots Collection, December 1-7, 2018