- Weight & Cardio Fitness room is available for student veterans from 12:00-5:00 PM at North and South Campuses–Contact Dean Marilyn Terrill (email@example.com, 919-532-5994) or the Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble, for more information.
- New Tele-Health Program at the Wake Tech North Campus begins trial period February 2020–Contact Dean Marilyn Terrill (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-532-5994) for more information.
- Veterans Zone Lounges are available at three Wake Tech campuses with cable televisions, computers/printers, free coffee and snacks, work/study space, comfortable seats, and more. The lounges are located at North Campus (C 206), South Campus (N 137), and RTP Campus (RT 1 332 MB). Stop by soon to see these very nice facilities, grab a free cup of coffee, and meet other student veterans at the college!
- RTP Campus Veterans Zone & Business Center grand opening on February 5th! The Veterans Zone is located in Building RT 1 Room 332 MB.
- More news will be added soon!
Please see the list below of veteran-friendly businesses, free and reduced cost entertainment options, community support organizations, and more.
- N. C. Veterans Coffee events (quarterly)– You’ve got questions! We’ve got answers! Join us at our quarterly NC Veterans Coffee event for free coffee and an engaging guest speaker. The Veterans Health Administration team will also be on hand to answer your questions. [Link: http://www.thejoelfund.org/north-carolina-veterans-coffee/]
- The Joel Fund (opens in new window)– TJF’s mission is to reconnect veterans to life at home using the power of community to engage, educate, and encourage veterans and their families. [Link: http://www.thejoelfund.org] [Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thejoelfund]
- Fairways for Warriors (opens in new window) Are you a combat veteran interested in golf? FFW is a non-profit that uses golf as a way to help with physical and mental rehabilitation. FFW defines a combat veteran as anyone who has served in a combat theater whether a physical injury was sustained or not. They also provide therapy for other issues such as PSTD. [Link: https://fairwaysforwarriors.org]
- Vet Tix (opens in new window)– Free and Reduced Cost sporting event game tickets, show tickets, concert tickets, and more. [Link: https://www.vettix.org]
- Sport Clips (opens in new window) Sport Clips offers military and veteran discounts (20%) and free haircuts at participating locations on Veterans Day. The founder of Sport Clips, an Air Force veteran, supports military education by awarding annual scholarships to military members and veterans through their Help a Hero program [Link: https://themilitarywallet.com/sport-clips-military-discount/]
- Kings Bowling at North Hills (opens in new window)– Free bowling & shoe rental every day for veterans and active duty military with a valid military ID or DD 214. [Link: https://www.kings-de.com/promotions-all-venues/troops-bowl-free] Note: All Veterans, Active, and Reserve military members will receive free bowling and shoe rental. All military members must show proof of service.
- Lowes Home Improvement (opens in new window) offers a 10% discount for veterans and active duty military. Sign up for your veteran discount at a local Lowes customer service desk or enroll online using the link above. [Link: https://www.lowes.com/u/login?context=military]
- Richland Creek Community Church (opens in new window)– Are you looking for a church to grow your faith in the Raleigh area? Richland Creek is located within a 5 mile drive of North Campus. The church is a very military and veteran friendly, it has a separate Military Ministry (opens in new window), and a 150+ member Motorycle Ministry (opens in new window) group called the Richland Creek Riders. Contact the Veterans Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble, if you would like to know more about Richland Creek and/or arrange a visit with him to a worship service. [Link: http://www.richlandcreek.com]
- The Veteran Friendly Employer A-Z Directory (opens in new window) from U. S. Veterans Magazine lists companies that strive to support veterans in the workplace. [https://usveteransmagazine.com/veteran-friendly-employers-directory/#1481633866447-37e8324b-9c25]
- American Legion (opens in new window)– Have you thought about joining the American Legion? There are numerous American Legion posts in Raleigh and the surrounding area. American Legion Post #187 in Wake Forest (opens in new window) is growing, as are many of the N. C. posts, and you have an open invitation to visit Post #187 for one of their monthly meetings. Contact the Veterans Club Advisor, Patrick Tribble, if you want to learn more about the American Legion and/or arrange a visit with him to A. L. Post #187 in the future. [Link: https://www.legion.org]
- Connecting Vets (opens in new window)– Veteran news, stories, resources, and more. [Link: https://connectingvets.radio.com]
- U. S. Veterans Magazine (opens in new window) is a Web site and free magazine that offers insightful articles and information for veterans about education, business, scholarships, jobs, and much more!
- More to be added soon!